Located in Montreal, Canada, the DSP Design Engineer will report to the Chief Engineer and will be a key member of the IC Design Team, researching, designing and bringing the next generation wireless transceivers into high-volume production at advanced CMOS technology nodes.
- Design and simulation of wireless DSP algorithms in Python and Matlab, from specification to functional module.
- Produce technical documentation (block diagrams, flow diagrams, etc.) & technical reports.
- Verify designs to ensure a successful tape-out.
- Support the testing and debugging of issues that may arise from early development stages through productization.
- Work with the production teams through the development phase and optimizing the designs for increased manufacturing efficiency.
- Work with the system group to define the requirements for digital and baseband blocks based on the system requirements.
Academic Requirements and Required Experience:
- Electrical Engineering degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in digital DSP design (M.Eng. preferred)
- Validated working experience in using Python and Matlab to translate block specifications into functional DSP algorithms.
- Excellent programming skills in Python and Matlab, geared towards Digital Signal Processing.
- Experience in wireless baseband modem design is an asset.
- Experience in Verilog or VHDL RTL implementation is an asset.
- Strong understanding of digital design principles.
- Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Tenacity and propensity to do what it takes to deliver results and meet delivery dates.
- Bilingual English/French an asset
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills in both French and English.
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
- High level of ownership of complete projects
- Ability to positively negotiate deliverables with engineering teams to meet customer requirements.
- Value the following values/qualities:
- Cooperation: Having the team’s success at heart
- Rigor: Be proud of carefully executed work
- Motivation: To surpass yourself through a job you love
- Initiative: Proposing new ideas and taking action
- Leadership: Positively influencing those around you
To apply, send your CV and cover letter (in PDF format) to email@example.com