SPARK Microsystems is looking for a motivated Firmware Application Engineer who has a passion for directly supporting customers, but also interfacing Engineering teams with Sales, Marketing teams and our Field Application engineers around the world.
As an Application Engineer at SPARK Microsystems, you will be responsible for making it as easy as possible for our customers to develop their products using our solutions (SDK, Evaluation Kits, Reference Designs etc.)
- Support customers with their technical inquiries on various products such as our SDK, our Evaluation Kits, our Reference Designs etc.
- Troubleshoot customers’ applications by assisting them remotely or on-site if needed.
- Act as a bridge between Sales, Marketing and Engineering teams (ASIC/FW/HW).
- Participate in developing example applications such as audio streaming application, HID applications, low-power wireless sensor applications, time-of-flight ranging applications.
- Share ideas and work cooperatively with colleagues from all departments.
- Produce documentation such as application notes, migration manual etc.
- Produce trainings and Lead training sessions for our internal teams and our customers.
- Work with laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and multimeters for troubleshooting electronics problems.
Academic Requirements and Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s or above in electrical engineering
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong skill with C programming language.
- Experience with other programming languages such as C++, Python and MATLAB.
- Experience with the Git version control system.
- Understanding communication protocols such as I2C, I2S, SPI, UART and USB.
- Experience with recognized software development methods such as code reviews, unit testing and modular design.
- Experience with the development of firmware and applications for other types of embedded wireless technologies such as Bluetooth and Zigbee is an asset.
- Deep understanding of modern microcontroller architectures (i.e ARM cortex M).
- Ownership: Own the customer problem and work internally to find a solution until the issue is resolved.
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills in both French and English.
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
- High level of ownership of complete projects
- Ability to positively negotiate deliverables with engineering teams to meet customer requirements.
Value the following values/qualities:
- Cooperation: Having the team’s success at heart
- Rigor: Be proud of carefully executed work
- Motivation: To surpass yourself through a job you love
- Initiative: Proposing new ideas and taking action
- Leadership: Positively influencing those around you
To apply, send your CV and cover letter (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org