SPARK Microsystems is looking for a motivated R&D Project Manager for the Engineering group located in Montréal, Québec. You will be responsible for leading wireless projects development and act as the System Designer for different projects like ASIC products, Reference Designs, Development Kits, Demo Applications and Customer Applications in an Agile Scrum environment. The different applications are mice, audio headsets, speakers, proximity detection, ranging, IoT, etc.
You will contribute to the management of material, time, and human resources of high-tech projects to achieve the objectives set within the defined time and budget conditions. You will analyze the feasibility and opportunity of projects, define action plans and milestones, coordinates project teams, etc. You may support small to large scale programs or projects.
You will work closely with the engineering technical leads and managers, and with the marketing products managers during the project life cycle. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Writes the project plan specifying the management methods, scope, issues, costs, schedule and expected results.
- Maintains effective communication between all stakeholders regarding the scope, the progress, problems/issues associated with the project.
- Plans and organizes the project according to the available resources (human, material, financial).
- Meet periodically with project team members.
- Ensure compliance with project scope, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Coordinates the various processes related to project management (change request process, resolution of outstanding points, adequate risk monitoring, quality management of deliverables, approval of deliverables in terms of project management and content).
- Collaborates in the production of project performance indicators and the creation of the dashboard to present progress, issues, deliverables, etc.
- Ensures compliance with the NPI process, standards, and policies in force in the organization. Animate the different gates review during the project development life cycle.
- Writes the project report, including lessons learned.
- Proceeds to close the project.
- Write the System Requirements and Specifications (SyRS) document with the support of the different engineering experts to meet the MRD.
- Write the System Architecture to be compliance with the SyRS.
- Review the different technical documents (HRS, SRS, IC-RS, Test Plan, Test Report) to ensure they are aligned with the SyRS.
- Collaborate and support the designers and testers during the project life cycle to ensure product quality delivery.
- Recommends to the authorities concerned orientations or solutions to the problems encountered.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 15 years experience in related area
- 10 years in project management experience and 5 years in system design
- PMP certification is a plus
- Experience managing ASIC or FPGA development projects is a plus
- Experience with waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience with project and Agile management tools like TargetProcess (or Gira)
- Significant hands-on experience in system design
- Ability to dive into and take ownership for critical design issues
- Ability to address all aspects of technology
- Excellent Technical and People Management Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Understands and deals well with fast development cycles
- Highly passionate and energetic mindset with rigor
- Bilingual English/French an asset
To apply, send your CV and cover letter (in PDF format) to email@example.com