As a senior software developer within SPARK Microsystems, you will be required to design and develop the firmware used in our various embedded systems, our stack of network protocols, as well as user interfaces. You will play a key role in defining systems architecture and mentoring junior developers.
You will design, implement and test firmware and software to form optimal wireless communication networks using the very low power consumption wireless transmitters developed by SPARK Microsystems. This includes the development of low-power wireless sensor networks in point-to-point, star and mesh configurations, as well as point-to-point links optimized for time-of-flight ranging applications.
Academic Requirements and Required Experience:
- Bachelor of Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent as well as a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. More experience is an asset.
- Strong skill with C programming language.
- Experience with other programming languages such as C, Python and MATLAB.
- Experience with the Git version control system.
- Understanding communication protocols such as I2C, I2S, SPI, UART and USB.
- Ability to technically manage a small project team.
- Experience with recognized software development methods such as code reviews, unit testing and modular design.
- Experience with the development of firmware and applications for other types of wireless technologies such as Bluetooth and Zigbee is an asset.
- Deep understanding of modern microcontroller architectures.
Personal skills sought
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills in both French and English.
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Value the following values/qualities:
- Cooperation: Having the team’s success at heart
- Rigor: Be proud of carefully executed work
- Motivation: To surpass yourself through a job you love
- Initiative: Proposing new ideas and taking action
- Leadership: Positively influencing those around you
To apply, send your CV and cover letter (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org