SPARK Microsystems is looking for a motivated Senior Embedded Product Engineer to join his highly skilled and innovative Engineering group located in Montréal, Québec. With your expertise in hardware and firmware development, and system integration, you will play a key role in defining, designing, and leading Spark’s UWB embedded reference designs and demo applications (mice, audio headsets, speakers, proximity detection, ranging, IoT, etc.) in an Agile Scrum environment. You will also analyze the feasibility and opportunity of projects, define action plans and milestones, and coordinate the project teams. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of Spark and contribute to revolutionize products. This position offers an exciting and challenging opportunity for a talented professional to make a significant impact within a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Lead the project and oversee the end-to-end design process for embedded products, from idea to final release, ensuring adherence to project timelines and delivering quality products
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Hardware, Software, QA Validation, ASIC, Marketing, and user experience experts, to define product requirements and specifications
- Define the system requirement and the system architecture for embedded applications
- Utilize your expertise in hardware and software design to challenge the designers and enable seamless communication and interaction between the teams
- Monitor the testing to validate design concepts, ensuring compliance with product requirements and industry standards
- Lead design reviews, provide technical guidance, and mentor junior team members, fostering a collaborative and knowledge-sharing environment
- Manage multiple projects while maintaining accuracy, detail, and timelines
- Identify and proactively resolve technical challenges related to power management, signal integrity, radio frequency, and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), while maintaining a focus on product performance and reliability
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in embedded product design, actively contributing to the continuous improvement of design processes and methodologies
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer engineering, or a related field
- 15 years of experiences in embedded product or system design
- Experience with embedded software development, debugging, and testing
- Knowledge with schematic capture and PCB layout tools such as Altium and kicad
- Experience with design for manufacturing (DFM) and design for test (DFT) principles
- Previous experience in the consumer electronics, RF, IoT, or Audio industry is highly desirable
- In-depth understanding of microcontroller architectures, digital and analog circuit design principles, and common communication protocols (RF, UART, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet)
- Knowledge of RF communication (Bluetooth, UWB, Zigbee, WiFi)
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities, with a keen analytical mindset and a drive to find creative solutions to complex technical challenges
- Familiarity with product lifecycle management (PLM) tools and practices, like TargetProcess
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, Bilingual English/French
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understands and deals well with fast development cycles
- Strong problem-solving
Promote the following values/qualities:
- Cooperation: Have the success of the team at heart.
- Rigor: Take pride in carefully executed work.
- Motivation: Exceed your limits in a job you love.
- Initiative: Propose new ideas and act.
- Leadership: Positively influencing those around us.
- Experience in C/C++ coding
- Experience in hardware design and debugging
- A growing start-up where each person has an important role in the success of the Company
- Be part of a passionate, creative and motivated team in a collaborative mode
- A place where you can grow and become the professional you want to be
- Group insurance from day one
- Employee stock option plan
- Hybrid work and flexible hours to balance work/personal life
- In addition to vacation, sick leave and holidays, Spark offers additional days off
To apply, please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org