SPARK Microsystems is looking for a motivated Senior Wireless Protocol Architect to join this highly skilled and innovative Engineering group located in Montréal, Québec. With your expertise in wireless protocol, you will play a key role leading Spark’s UWB wireless protocol definition for its IC radio, which is used in different applications like HID, audio, proximity detection, and IoT. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of Spark and contribute to revolutionize products.
This position offers an exciting and challenging opportunity for a talented professional to make a significant impact within a dynamic and collaborative environment. The successful candidate has a strong background in wireless network protocols, with the ability to identify the required MAC functions needed to support the Spark applications. You will be the bridge between academic theory and practical implementation with an ability to influence future standards. You will work with the Spark internal engineering team, external vendors, and key consultants.
- Define low latency and low power consumption wireless Protocol/MAC requirements and specifications for Spark radio IC
- Design, model and evaluate protocols to meet the specifications
- Lead the implementation and validation of the design protocols ensuring compliance with requirements
- Collaborate closely with Software, ASIC, and Validation cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with the standards agencies and organizations
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in wireless communication, actively contributing to the continuous improvement of design processes and methodologies
- Bachelor or master degree in electrical engineering, or a related field,
- 10 years of experience in defining and designing wireless protocol,
- A solid background in wireless protocols, either from academic or professional experience is a must,
- An understanding of how to optimise the protocols based on PHY capabilities and application needs is essential,
- Experience with simulation methods and tools,
- Experience with network level simulation tools (Opnet, Omnet++ or NS3)
- A background in multiple wireless technologies is a plus,
- Specific experience with technologies operating in shared, licensed exempt spectrums is highly desired,
- Experience with existing protocols such as IEEE 802.15.4 and/or Bluetooth,
- The ability to see the gaps in existing standards and understand the unique capabilities of the Spark technology is essential,
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities, with a keen analytical mindset and a drive to find creative solutions to complex technical challenges,
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in English/French, required to communicate with colleagues/clients across the country and abroad on a regular basis.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
Promote the following values/qualities:
- Cooperation: Have the success of the team at heart.Rigor: Take pride in carefully executed work.Motivation: Exceed your limits in a job you love.Initiative: Propose new ideas and act.
- Leadership: Positively influencing those around us.
- Experience in coding
- Knowledge of one or more of Matlab, Octave, or Python
- A growing start-up where each person has an important role in the success of the Company
- Be part of a passionate, creative and motivated team in a collaborative mode
- A place where you can grow and become the professional you want to be
- Group insurance from day one
- Employee stock option plan
- Hybrid work and flexible hours to balance work/personal life
- In addition to vacation, sick leave and holidays, Spark offers additional days off
To apply, please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org